Tuesday, September 14, 2010

About Nalini Hebbar

I have two blogs...a poetry blog, Open Mind, and a photo blog, SayCheese.

My philosophy and dreams have always been a little 'hatke' different from the people I meet. I am very eco-friendly in my life and love nature. Nature and the urgent need to go back to the natural way of life as against the materialistic fuels my creativity.


I advocate free thought, so, read my poems with an open mind, free from hard unchangeable views. Since childhood I have questioned any idea that does not entertain free and fair discussion and have refused to be confined by stereotypical roles handed down to me for being born a woman. I have had to fight my way through all forces that have tried to straitjacket my heart, mind and soul. Now, my mind is free to think and express my philosophy without fear of being misunderstood. that confidence, I guess, has come with age. Middle age, I must say, is the most beautiful stage of life, and I plan to enjoy it to the fullest. This is the stage when you get comfortable with what you are and have finally, finally accepted yourself with all your imperfections.

Nellore is a city in coastal Andhra Pradesh, India. A dusty, hot and humid place, far removed from my place of birth, Kerala, God's own country. I have lived here since 1986 and have come to love it as my home. Now I am a proud Nellorian. I am an Aquaculture Consultant. My husband and I run a  Laboratory for shrimp farming.We are also agriculturists with a acid lime orchard and vegetable cultivation. Dairy and Emu are in the pipeline. Hope to make it all a AgriTourism destination in 5 years.

Click on links to visit my blogs
Open Mind...Poetry Blog
SayCheese...PhotoBlog

Nalini Hebbar 

Click to read Post
Sept 15, 2010 ....Open Mind






1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yet another flower in the bouquet! What is the theme of this Blog Nalini? Is it about Shrimp farming? All the best for the new venture.

    ReplyDelete